Monday, March 5, 2012

Yes/No

"I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees,
Which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please;
But I also speak for the brown Barbaloots,
Who frolicked and played in their Barbaloot suits,
Happily eating Truffula fruits.
Now, since you've chopped the trees to the ground
There's not enough Truffula fruit to go 'round!
And my poor Barbaloots are all feeling the crummies
Because they have gas, and no food, in their tummies."

 YES!  I got to see the Lorax this weekend.  YES I got to go with my mom and sister and niece.  YES it was everything I dreamed it would be plus some.  YES this is coming from the woman who insisted on a Dr. Seuss nursery way back in high school.  YES it felt amazing to get out and act like a kid without having to keep an eye on my own.  YES he stayed at home with his daddy and poppop and uncle and did manly things like fix my car and electrical problems around the house.  YES, I believe I truly have the best family ever.
No, I did not do great this weekend with my challenge goals.  No it does not feel good to over-indulge on your free day, it makes you sick.  No I did not have the will power to turn down the ice cream on Sunday, at least it was SF.  No I did not get any house work or homework done this weekend.  No, I am totally not prepared for this math test which I am getting ready to bomb magnificently.  No, we didn't care if it was cold and windy, we HAD to get outside and play this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment