Sunday, February 26, 2012

Just what the Dr. ordered.....

What a weekend!  Saturday C. stayed with his Grandman and Nini because me and big C. had a huge day.  My brother and 3 cousins have been raising money for an event that is near and dear to our hearts, Saint Baldricks!  For those who aren't familiar the proceeds go directly to research for finding a cure for childhood cancers.  My brother in law was diagnosed with leukemia while in 9th grade (when he and my sister first began dating) and passed away at the young age of 23, he and my sister had only been married for 2 years.  Every year my family does this event in Raleigh, and next year it will be my turn!  From now until next March I will grow my hair out and it will be shaved (the hair donated to locks of love) for the children!  After we left the venue we ate a late lunch at Mellow Mushroom then scooted across Raleigh to pick up our new washer and dryer.  Then we headed back to my sister's house to celebrate my brother A.'s birthday (which actually isn't until tomorrow but oh well).  Then me and C came home for some much needed baby-free sleep!!!  Kinda sad that we "slept in" until 730...  In challenge news it is the official half-way point!  I have lost 5 lbs already, which I am totally happy with!  There will be a few giveaways this week so keep your fingers crossed for me, I have worked my butt off!  Well I must go bath the stinky one, little boys sure do get dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment